Although Super Mario Run was scheduled to arrive on Android devices by March 23, it made a surprise early appearance on the Google Play store today, launching before its anticipated release date.
You can head to the Google Play Store to download the game for freeÂ here. In comparison, Super Mario Run released late last year on iOS devices, meaning Android users had to wait months before its arrival on the Google Play Store.
Furthermore, the 2.0 update on iOS also released, which adds the following changes to the game:
- New playable characters added – different colored Yoshis are now available. Play Toad Rally with a Yoshi of a particular color to get more Toads of that color.
- Bowser’s Challenges are now available to play for free, and beating them will unlock course 1-4. Beating course 1-4 will open new courses in Toad Rally, while buildings players couldn’t previously get would be available in the shop
- New buildings will be added as part of an upcoming event
- Rally Tickets are easier to obtain in the Bonus Game House
- East Mode is available at the entrance of World Tour courses